Vidalia, Georgia

While attempting to change the oil for the first time in the water pump, the corners of the internal hex drive in the plug sheared on the first attempt to remove the plug.Yes, it was a new 8mm allen drive wrench and it was completely seated in the plug.

I tried tapping on the screw flange with a screw driver to remove it, and of course, the flange sheared. Now i have one *** of a job trying to get the screw out without damaging the threads in the pump housing. My question is, why in the *** would the plug be plastic instead of steel? If it was to save a couple pennies, they just lost a customer that paid a lot more than pennies for the pressure washer.

I am a product design engineer, and there's no way in *** i would have used plastic for the plug.And i might add, changing the oil in the motor is a pain due to the location of the drain plug.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Troy Bilt. The most disappointing about troy bilt pressure washer from Troy Bilt was quality Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Troy Bilt.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Landscaping and Gardening category for more informed decision or compare Troy Bilt to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Troy Bilt?

Comments