I bought a self propelled mtd pushmower in 10/6/09 because it was on sell at Lowe's.I spent about 360 on sale price.

I used it once last year b4 I put it up(in my shed) for the season, I broke it out for the season about 5 days ago, and halfway through the mowing I noticed the self propelled wasnt functioning properly. I took it back to Lowe's and they sent it to there service center. They called me and advised that the belt needed replacing and it wasnt under warranty, due to it being a wear and tear item. I advised them that I had a problem with this since they could see when I bought it and when I took it in, and that obviously I didnt have time to put wear on the item.

They directed me to MTD, which I called and waited 25 minutes on hold, then was redirected to another department for an additional 10-15 minutes. I spoke with a rep. and she advised the same. I gave her a situation where lets say I bought an MTD lawn mower in jan or the year and this happened, she advised the outcome would still be the same since the 30 days have passed.

My problem with the situation is, mowing seasons have been the same since mowers were invented.

Anyone knows that you dont do much mowing through oct-march.I would definitely not buy another product by them, obviously belt had some problem with it but the company does not stand behind there product and make exceptions based on logical reason.

Review about: Troy Bilt Lawn Mower.

Had an Experience with Troy Bilt?

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #600386

You're both morons! :cry

I also am NOT impressed with the MTD push mower or the MTD customer service.I live in Arizona where we use mowers year-round.

I started having problems within a year of purchasing my mower. After I could do nothing more to get my mower to work, I took it to a service center. Long story short, they said the carburator was bad as a result of leaving gas stored in it longer than 30 days. I use my mower more than once in a month, so it's not like the gas has been sitting long.

However, they said because it was the gas' fault and not a manufacturing error, they would not fix the mower.Their "warranty" is a crock and MTD is a crook as far as I'm concerned.