2.0
Turnaround Time

Bought new Troy Bilt Horse Tiller in March 2018 online. Shipped out and received in First week of April.

Put it together and started it up and the transmission snapped as it was engaged for first time. Called Troy Bilt and they told me it was covered and gave me two "Service Centers" to take it to. Had to go back 2 times and each time the Tiller was still broke when it was started. Took over three months to get the parts for fixing it and 3 drives of 70+ miles to the Service Center.

Tried the other Service Center listed and they want me to pay for the repair as they are a service center in name only, not for defects. Called Troy Bilt and after an hour waiting on the phone they suggest I try another State to get it fixed that has a Service Center closest to me. OR pay for it myself and "IF" it is a manufactures defect they will cover the repair and send me the money.

I wanted to return it to them and get either a new one that is assembled and can be shown to work or have them take the broken one back. No deal, you are stuck with this one or drive to another state and see if they will fix it.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Had good one in past, But this has apparently changed quality.

I didn't like: Piece of junk, No support.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 18.

Comments