Our son was nearly killed when brakes failed on troy bilt pony mower

17 of 67 Troy Bilt reviews

Our son was almost killed on our mower that we had just purchased 2 weeks before his wreck.he was on way to his sisters house just out the road from us and the mower jumped out of gear and when he tried to stop the brakes did not work.

the mower flipped with him and busted his head open, it was a little over 7 inches long and about 2 inches wide, you could see his skull. he was tore up from that and going through a barb wire fence and electric fence. we know of about 5 other people who are having or have had the same problems that we have had.

I am enclosing a picture of his head and body.we are very lucky to have our son with us today, and I don't want to see another family go through what we have been through.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Quality of their product
    • Quality of the mower is awful

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Troy Bilt Pony Riding Lawn Tractor
Review category
Landscaping and Gardening
review #688875

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Troy Bilt? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
17 of 67 Troy Bilt reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 26, 2015 #1025254

Lawn mowers aren't street legal. I'm sorry your son was hurt, but he was not using the mower for its intended purpose. Lawn mowers are not cars and should not be used to go "down the street". Maybe you should buy him a bike.

2 0 Reply

Aug 26, 2015 #1025265 Castlewood, Virginia, United States

we live out in the country on a back road it is no different than tractors or 4 wheelers. this is not the only mower like ours that have had the same problems we know of about 5 others that have the same exact problems. all I want is for others to be made aware of these problems and they get fixed before someone does get killed on them. there was a lady just yesterday about and hour away from here was mowing her yard and it flipped with her and did kill her. so I guess you will say well she shouldn't have been on the mower. we live in the country and around here husbands, wives, kids all pitch in and do what is needed.

1 3 Reply

Aug 25, 2015 #1024834

yeah right there is the problem you let a 15 year old drive it. I don't care how "responsible" you think your boy is he's a child and shouldn't have been on what is close to a low end auto. were you riding with him when this happened? I doubt it so how do you know he wasn't gunning it and hit something and flipped it and now is trying to blame it on the machine to get out of trouble for destroying it ?

4 0 Reply

Aug 26, 2015 #1025205 Castlewood, Virginia, United States

to start with there was people that saw what happened and he wasn't gunning it. and it is no different than kids living on farms and driving tractors and stuff. we know our son and how he is we have brought our kids up to always tell the truth and respect stuff like this, so don't judge us or our son.

3 4 Reply

Aug 26, 2015 #1025222

like you never drove anything at all at the age of 15

2 2 Reply

Aug 25, 2015 #1024500

was he riding on the mower?

0 0 Reply

Aug 25, 2015 #1024565 Dillwyn, Virginia, United States

yes he was riding the mower he is 15 years old and is a very responsible boy. he was driving it when all this happened.

0 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Troy Bilt. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Troy Bilt.
Filing a new complaint about
×